CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day

Labor Day has to be one of the coolest holidays.  It can be busy or laid back and it comes right after school starts to give you a "just started school" break.

This year we went with Matt's family out to Paradise Canyon which has to be one of the coolest places in Texas!  I love it!  The river runs right through with grassy shores, shady trees and picnic tables.  This is a recipe for a great day.  The river was shallow enough but deep enough.  It was perfect.  We had the best spot (thanks Grandpa!).  Kylie and Megan LOVE the water and spent 98% of their time in the river.  Molly (who doesn't care for the water as much) chose to spend her time on the shore...eating cheetos...

Seriously, this is like 5 minutes after we got there.  She wanted the life jacket on and a bag of cheetos.  I took her in the water and that lasted about 2 minutes...if that.  But, that's okay.  It was a "yes" day as my brother-in-law, Keeper referred to it.  We don't get many of those so Molly ate just as many mini bags of chips as she wanted...and drank some root beer...does it get any better than that?!

Noelle did pretty good.  She wanted to be held quite a bit but took a good nap to let us all swim and play.  Here is Grandma on baby duty.  She even snagged a picture of the two babies together.  Can you believe that Noelle is only a little over a month older than her cousin, Brynlee?  She is huge!  We love our round baby!  :)


The girls played and played in the water and threw rocks.  Then we discovered right next to us was a big rock that people were jumping off.  Keeper and Lynse tried it first and then my girls wanted a turn.  I was a little skeptical if they would really take the plunge...but they did!  Over and over again, in fact!
Yep...he caught it.  :)


Then, to make the day even better, a couple families from our ward, the Munoz and the Robinsons showed up with kayaks.  They were totally nice to let us try them out...and what fun!  I think I would have a blast with one of those.  I got to take each of the girls out for a little trip in the kayak.  So amazingly cool and the girls thought so too!
I was in the green kayak.  Kylie's turn.

Meg's turn...yep that's Kylie trying to flip us over...but she didn't. 

Even little Molly wanted a turn in the "boat".  Earlier that morning this was my conversation with Molly:
Molly: Mom, I go to the river.  I need a boat!
Mom: You need a boat?
Molly: Yes.  A pink one.
Mom: Well, I don't think we have a boat, honey.
Molly: Yes, a pink one!

Well, we got to go in a "boat" and she was so excited.  It wasn't pink though...she said it was yellow.  I guess it worked for her.  :) 


After getting out of the kayak the girls went to the big rock for more jumping and Molly actually went in the water with Matt.  He came over to where I was treading water watching the girls jump.  Molly was so sweet and fun clinging to Matt for dear life.  I was reminded why I love that little girl soooo much!  Thank goodness for those times.  I jumped out and grabbed this picture...I love it...and I love both of them.  Molly got lucky and got Matt's gorgeous eyes.

The day was fabulous.  The river, swimming, food and family.  How wonderful.  We left mostly exhausted and then got to go have dinner with our friends the Charltons!  What a lovely day...can't wait 'til next year!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Great pictures! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way how did you make your blog so stinkin' cute? I love the title scrapbook thing and the sides. Did you design it? Love it!

    ReplyDelete