CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 30, 2010

That Feeling

You know that feeling you get when you lose something?  I totally have that feeling. 

I have spent the last 3 days sewing dresses for Kylie and Megan.  My sister and I decided that we needed to make matching dresses for my brother's wedding and we found this pattern that is pretty simple and super cute.  The top looks like it is smocked but is so easy to do.  I sewed a practice dress for Megan first and struggled with the sleeves for an ENTIRE day.  It was extremely taxing and very frustrating.  Finally, the dress was finished.

And here it is...following this picture I tweaked Meg's right sleeve again and it looked better.  I was so proud of myself!
Then, having finally finished one dress I started on Kylie's.  This dress came together MUCH faster and I sewed her sleeves on the following morning after checking where to place them before she headed off to school.

This dress was even better than the first and made of a super cute blue and turquoise material.  I would love to post a picture here but I have none.

I decided to go to play group at the park yesterday and take my dresses to show a friend that initially gave me the pattern.  I was so proud how they turned out and wanted to boast of my success.  I was prideful and have been humbled.  We attended play group and left...without my bag of dresses.  I discovered that I left them and rushed back about an hour later but they were nowhere to be found.  I searched the trash cans, under everything, on top of everything, and questioned any person in that park.

My dresses are gone.  My girls are sad.  I had a good cry but decided to look at it positively and think that the replacements I make for them will be even better than the first.  I put my blood, sweat and tears into those dresses.  What can you do?

I just have that feeling...

2 comments:

  1. Oh sorry that they are gone! I hate when that happens! You did a great job though! Way to go!!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete