CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

What a lovely day I had on Mother's Day.  It was a rather special day in that Matt didn't have any meetings to go to for church all day long!  None before or after...that meant we all got to go to church together...in one car!  That is a pretty rare occasion indeed.

Before heading to church the girls were so excited to give me the gifts they had picked out for me while shopping with Matt.  Megan got me some beautiful pink roses and I received my favorite soda, Dove chocolate and a new pair of pajama pants!  How perfect.  The girls were positively glowing and bubbling with excitement as I uncovered their gifts (Matt chose not to wrap them and they covered them with blankets instead).  They were so proud.  Finally, and best of all, I was presented with a card Kylie made in her kindergarten class and Megan gave me her hand print along with a poem.  These were by far my favorite.


Can you see my rather large pregnant belly (7 weeks to go)?


As I went through the day I had time to think about my role as a mother.  How grateful I am that the Lord has entrusted me with these beautiful daughters to raise.  I realized that all my hopes and future lie in those 3 (almost 4) little ladies.  My role as a mother completely defines me...and not only am I okay with that, I love that!  Each day I am grateful that I can stay home with my girls and watch them learn and grow.  Granted, that comes with messes and mischief, but I will take it.   And each day I am grateful for it...my role as a mother.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your sentiments about being a mother. It's wonderful to hear such positivity about raising children. And yours are beautiful. I can't wait to see what number #4 will look like! Love and prayers for a healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Wishes and Prayer's for a safe and healthy delivery. Can't wait to see pictures. I am glad you had a nice and wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day! Being a mom is the best ever! Miss you guys and can't wait to see you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete