CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 18, 2011

Megan on Modesty

Last weekend we were all working together to clean up the girls' bedrooms and the game room.  Part of this job was dumping out all the toy bins and sorting them into the correct spots.  As we were doing this I came across several things that needed to be thrown away including all those little accesories that come with various dolls that seldom get played with in my house.  I decided it was time to get rid of them all...no more hoping "someday" they would get played with.  In the course of our dejunking I came across a small Barbie purse that had no straps, a clutch bag.  Here is the conversation that followed:

Mom:  How about this bag?  Do you ever play with these purses for the Barbies?

Kylie and Megan (in unison):  Nah, throw it away. (I tossed it in the trash.)

Mom:  Oh, here's another one.  So, I can throw this one away too?  (After finding a brown Barbie purse that had straps or handles.)

Megan:  No, I love that one!  Keep it!

Mom:  What's the difference?  You love this one but you want to throw away the other one?

Megan:  Well, the other one isn't modest.  (Said very matter of factly)

Mom:  What do you mean, it isn't modest?

Megan:  You know...it doesn't have any straps!



Oh, my Megan...I had a good chuckle and then smiled...I guess maybe they are learning something from me after all!

2 comments: