CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School

Kylie started Kindergarten yesterday, the 24th of August. We were able to meet her teacher the Thursday before school started and Kylie was able to see her classroom and get familiar with the school a little bit. Kylie has been looking forward to going to school for a long time. I am so happy that she has this opportunity and look forward to the progress she makes and the excitement she has in learning new things.

Matt took her to school for her first day and what a day it was! Kylie came home and all I got from her first day was what she had for lunch and that they went to the gym. :) Gradually throughout the evening she opened up a little more as things would jog her memory.

As she walked out the door to get in the van I wanted to rush after her one more time and kiss her and tell her I loved her. I have such strong feelings of happiness yet sadness, excitement yet fear, and loads of hope. My biggest baby is off to face the world. I feel like she gained so much independence yesterday as I realized I will no longer be a step away to rescue her or stop her from doing something. The Kylie of yesterday is forever changed. I feel like I am losing a part of me. I love that girl and while I look forward to what is to come, I think I am having a bit of a hard time letting go of being with Kylie all day, every day. We missed her here. Although Megan said, "Kylie is gone and I can pick all the movies and she won't fight with me," Megan looks forward to 2:10 when we leave to get Ky.

I now only hope that I taught her all that she needs to know. Kylie is on her own and has to button her own pants, write her own name, and ask her own questions. I pray that she has the courage to face that big world and that I have given her the tools that she needs to succeed.

Only 13 short years until graduation...

2 comments:

  1. I will have to do this on Thursday! Yikes! I love your words...and it scares me graduation is only 13 years away! EEK! I'm so happy Kate and Ky can be in the same grade! Maybe they'll be college roomates! :) Kylie looks beautiful! Congratulations Kylie! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how quickly they become school age? It looks like 13 years is a longtime, but it so isn't. Honestly there are days it feels like yesterday I was taking Cody to his first day of Kindergarten and he is now a freshman with a learners permit! and The twins like Kylie have just entered Kindergarten! It goes so fast! She looks SO grown up already!

    ReplyDelete