CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Family

I love my family.  I love to have them visit and I love to visit them.  It is very unfortunate that we live so far away from each other.  My family lives in Montana and that is a 2-day (at least) drive from here.  My brother, Sam, just returned home from his mission in Canada at the beginning of November and I wasn't able to go see him so he flew down here...and my mom couldn't let him come alone so she came too!  We were thrilled!  Sam was so great with the girls.  Kylie and Megan were old enough when he left to still remember him and Molly thought she remembered him...Sam was her best friend within minutes of their arrival.  Sam played with the girls and took them to the park...I think I need a Sam with me all the time!  Molly was grumpy here because the big girls were riding their scooters and Molly didn't have one.


We took a trip to the fabulous San Antonio zoo one day.  The girls are always begging me to ride the train but I am always by myself  so we took advantage of the extra hands!  What a fun time.  It was a little chilly that day so there was hardly anyone at the zoo.  Bonus...until...



...the birds hadn't had much to eat that day.  So when we went in with the nectar we got attacked...and I mean attacked!  Kylie and Megan were both sobbing and I was pretty sure a bird was going to eat my hand.  Sam dumped his nectar on the ground but the birds still climbed on him.  And I was covered in birds...and the dumb zoo guy just stood there and watched...it was rather comical...after we escaped.




Okay, we totally cooked a lobster...it was sweet.  Sam served his mission by the ocean so he had fresh seafood a lot.  He kept raving about lobster and we had to try to cook one.  So we went to H.E.B and bought a live lobster...we named him Dinner.  For 20 bucks it was totally worth the experience, and it tasted good too!  Sam, of course, said he was a lobster cracking pro and we got to see him in action.

Waiting for Dinner to cook...



Look at all that meat.  It was super yummy and all the girls liked it.  Meg loved it!


Mom was so sad we cooked our lobster until she dipped him in butter!

Sam and I went to the temple while Grandma babysat.  Lovely time.

Oh Sam!  We miss you!

Sam wanted to see the Alamo since he hadn't been there for 8 years (when I got married).  It was a lovely cool evening and we were able to see the riverwalk all lit up as well.

We were so sad to see them go.  Hopefully they will come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment