CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of School

First and second grade?  I am not sure how that happened!!  My girls are getting so big and responsible!  We decided to let the girls walk this year to and from school.  I took them the first week and picked them up but I am gradually meeting them closer and closer to home with the goal of them walking all the way by themselves.  They are walking with 3 friends so that makes me feel a little more comfortable with the idea and so far so good!  Even with the terribly hot weather there is limited complaining.  We are off to a great start and can't wait to see how the girls change as the year progresses!

And then we come to the all important first day of school outfit!  The girls have full drawers and closets thanks to Grandma Sherry, the Attic (a resale shop in my home town) and some hand-me-downs, so they didn't need much school shopping.  I took them out to pick out one brand new outift to wear on the first day of school.  It only took about 2 hours but they love what they picked!  Even the shoes were a gift from Grandma.  Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. They are looking beautiful!!! :) Glad they can walk there and back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun.. where does the time go? these special ones are so grown up.

    ReplyDelete